Membership and Marketing Director
Department - Membership
Full Time - Exempt
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact. Develops and implements effective marketing and communication strategies that impact member retention and recruitment.
- Develops annual goals, objectives and plans for membership, marketing and communications.
- Develops, produces and distributes program information necessary to promote assigned programs, in accordance with membership and marketing plans.
- Oversees membership software and reports on retention, growth, and terminations.
- Manages social media and website daily.
- Maintains a professional image and manner consistent with the YMCA mission and goals. Effectively communicate the mission, vision and values.
- Ensure operational membership growth of the YMCA through member recruitment and retention, pricing strategies and collaborations.
For more information, call 269-963-9622 x107 for Human Resources.
Reports to: Maintenance Director
Full Time - Hourly
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact.
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Tech will perform general maintenance duties such as electrical, plumbing, and mechanical and HVAC systems. Responsibility will include supervision of maintenance and housekeeping staff during the director’s absence, daily rounds, and monthly preventive maintenance. Job will require flexibility with work hours. Performance of maintenance jobs such as replacing light bulbs or ballast, patching walls, painting, and lawn care. Must be able to: Lift 80lbs, carry 80lbs, stand, climb, pull 80lbs, push 80lbs, stoop, bend, crouch, walk, kneel and sit for varied periods of time.
Reports To: Aquatics Manager & Team Leader
Part Time - Hourly
“A lifeguard by definition has a legal duty to protect the safety of people in an assigned area. Lifeguards have a moral and professional obligation to prevent potential accident situations by enforcing the rules and regulations of their aquatic setting and to react to any emergencies that occur.” (One the Guard, 4th edition, pp 4-5)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Must have excellent communication and customer service skills. Must have Current Health Care Provider or equivalent CPR; Oxygen certification; 1st Aid; YMCA Lifeguarding certification.
Safeguard the lives of your patrons first, but also ensure their comfort and pleasure. Do not tolerate recklessness or rough play
- Know how to use all life guarding, rescue, first aid equipment and keep it ready and in good repair
- Scan your area at all times, staying alert to potential hazards
- Know and practice proper emergency procedures
- Secure the area by locking all doors and gates when a lifeguard is not on duty
- Keep patrons from congregating on walk areas or around lifeguard stands
- Greet members with excellent customer service and a smile
- Communicate pool rules in a positive and effective manner
- Relate well to coworkers
- Communicate to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up based on individual needs
- Communicate any suggestions to improve the aquatics program
- Adhere to all pool rules and policies
- Fill out sub forms and communicate absences with supervisor
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and training events
- Know and be ready to implement emergency procedures
- Have the appropriate equipment at your station
- Check the pool for hazardous conditions when you arrive at your station
- Report broken or damaged equipment to supervisor
- Keep the swimming area clean and ready for inspection at all times
- Practice skills regularly
- Assist in the response to medical emergencies within the facility
- Return all equipment to proper storage area