We encourage new YMCA members to request a free equipment and facilities orientation from our friendly staff. It's a great way to familiarize yourself with all the Y has to offer. (Member benefits)
Orientations are available at no cost to all YMCA members ages 8 and up. We encourage orientations for individuals of all fitness levels, even if you've used other YMCA facilities in the past. First, you'll meet with one of our fitness staff to identify your personal level of fitness and wellness. Next, during the orientation walk-through, a Y staff member can:
▪ Provide you with guidelines for healthy cardiovascular training, strength training and stretching techniques
▪ Show you how to safely and effectively use the equipment
▪ Assist you in finding your personal setting on each machine
▪ Answer your general fitness questions
▪ Introduce you to our weekly fitness and pool activity schedules.
Did you know? The Battle Creek YMCA has the largest assortment of exercise and fitness equipment in the area, including more than 70 exercise stations, two pools, two separate individual exercise areas and much more. Whether you're into weight lifting or aerobics, swimming or team sports, the YMCA has just what you're looking for - in one convenient location. (Programs)
To request a free orientation, please call the YMCA's front desk at (269) 963-9622 or click here now to send us an e-mail. Welcome!